Wednesday, April 13, 2011

How to install Flex Builder Plugin for Eclipse:

For a long time I have been switching back and forth on Adobe's Flex Builder IDE and Eclipse with Flex Builder Plugin.  They have similar interlace and tools, so to me they are basically the same.  However, I have had issues with debugging when using eclipse...

Since each program only allow you to have one workspace and one project opened at a time, I would always have both of these program installed on my computer.  This allows me to have my current project open on one and the other with an old project that I can use for reference or quick search. 

Anyway, below are instructions on how to install Flex Builder Plugin for Eclipse.

Step 1: Get a copy of Eclipse.  It is free.
http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/

Step 2: Install Eclipse.

Step 3: Get the Adobe's Flex Builder plugin.
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitlement/index.cfm?e=flexbuilder3

Step 4: Install the plugin.

Step 5: Run the version with the plugin.  It should be in the Flash Builder Plug-in folder.  I have it as follows:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4 Plug-in\eclipse-host-distro\eclipse.exe"

No comments:

Post a Comment